Friday, April 18, 2008

Weekly Review? More Like Weak-ly Review

Astute readers may recall that I had a post awhile ago about starting a weekly review. This would be a time each week to evaluate how the previous week went and prepare myself for the upcoming week, particularly from a spiritual perspective.

How is it going you say? Well... actually... now that you mention it... it's not going.

Yes, that's right. Despite deciding to pursue this idea almost two months ago, I have yet to actually do it yet in any kind of formal fashion. I do have a list of some questions I've brainstormed and have thought about different areas of my life that I want to examine. I also know that the best time for this review is probably either Sunday morning or Sunday night. In the morning I've usually got time before I go to church, but the evening is also typically somewhat free and has the advantage of allowing me to review the message from that day at church.

So if I have a picture of it in my mind, why haven't I done it? Well, being busy, lazy and having it slip my mind all seem like probable reasons. I'm not feeling condemned because I know it's not sin to not review your week, but I want to do it because I feel it could be very helpful in my life. I think I just have to start doing it and let habit be my friend. Also, I probably have to come to grips that I am not going to be able to distill the perfect methodology for a weekly review before actually starting to do one. That will come with time (and most likely change every so often).

I'm going to give it another go this week. If you see me this weekend, please call me out on it. This could include asking me about my plans to do a weekly review, giving suggestions on what kinds of questions might be helpful to ask myself, making fun of my inaction or threatening me with physical violence if I do not go through with it. Thanks!

No comments: