Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Blog Recommendation: The Blazing Center

I digest a handful of blogs daily thanks to my handy feedreader (Bloglines.com). Not too long ago, I added The Blazing Center to my subscriptions. This blog features posting by Stephen and Mark Altrogge from Sovereign Grace Church of Indiana, PA. The mainstay of their posting is made up of pointing out something about God and then drawing application and questions from those thoughts.

It seems like every day they have a great post that is immediately applicable and points me back to God in a most helpful way. Actually, I've recently felt that I should cut back on a few other blog subscriptions just so I can take the time to fully read and digest their posts.

For instance, today Stephen had a great post on the goodness of God. It encouraged me as I thought about the work I have for my grad class by reminding me of God's Word in Psalm 31:19 (Oh, how abundant is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you and worked for those who take refuge in you, in the sight of the children of mankind!). Our God is truly one who has "stored up" goodness for us.

Check out The Blazing Center if you get a chance.

1 comment:

Stephen Altrogge said...

Steve,

Thanks for the kind link to our blog! God bless.