Saturday, January 10, 2009

Looking Forward, Part 2

A couple more areas I'm looking to grow this year.

3. Increasing Fellowship - Seeking fellowship with other believers hasn't been as much of a priority for me recently. This is primarily because I was not engaging God myself, so I didn't really have a lot to talk about in that regard. I really want to grow in this over this year, both with friends as well as my soon-to-be wife.

4. Writing About It - Blogging is not a necessity for life but it helps me to critically process what I am reading instead of just increasing the information in my head. I would like to get back to posting regularly. I'd also like to try and increase my engagement during reading by taking notes. Journaling is something else that seems like it could be helpful in evaluating myself and seeing God's grace in my own life.

5. Physical Discipline - I've come to see that my lack of exercise and poor eating not is not a result of a busy schedule but mostly laziness and selfishness on my part. Plus, I have found that its easier to maintain other disciplines when I am also exercising self-control over my body. Over the course of the year, I plan on seeking to evaluate and make changes to my life in light of this.

Obviously, not all of these things are going to be completed. At least not to the extent that I imagine in my head. Everyone jokes that resolutions are made to be broken. However, these are areas that would be helpful to change at any time of the year. Now just happens to be a time when we all reflect on that. God provides us the grace to change when we ask. Sometimes it doesn't come as fast as we'd like, but God also gives the grace to persevere.

No comments: